Microsoft ha appena rilasciato Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18990 ai Windows Insider nei canali Ignora (Skip Ahead) e Veloce. Si tratta di una nuova versione di anteprima di 20H1, il nono grande aggiornamento per PC e tablet equipaggiati con Windows 10. 20H1 sarà rilasciato pubblicamente per PC e tablet nella prima metà del 2020.
Novità di Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18990
Enabling automatic restart for UWP apps
Last month, we introduced a new separate setting to control if registered desktop apps from your previous sign-in session are restarted when signing back in to Windows. In the latest Insider Preview builds, in addition to registered desktop apps, when you opt into this setting, the majority of open UWP apps are now also automatically restarted as well! To reduce sign-in time, UWP apps are restarted minimized, in a suspended state, giving Windows and other apps more resources to get started. To try it out:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and turn on “Automatically save my restartable apps when I sign out and restart them after I sign in.” under “Restart apps”.
- Start one or more UWP apps, such as Feedback Hub.
- Sign out and then sign back into Windows.
UWP apps that were started, such as Feedback Hub, should restart minimized with a taskbar button.
Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) improvements
- Improved the performance for directory listings in \\wsl$
- [WSL2] Injected additional boot entropy [Github Issue 4461]
- [WSL2] Fixed Windows interop when using su / sudo commands [Github issue 4465]
For the full details of changes in this latest Insider Preview build, please see the WSL release notes.
Xbox Game Bar Updates
In case you hadn’t seen, we’re starting to roll out an FPS counter and achievement overlay! Thanks to everyone who shared feedback about this. The update will come via the Microsoft Store. Just set focus to your favorite game and press WIN + G to get started.
NOTE | You may have to be joined to receive Game Bar updates via the Xbox Insider Hub app (under Insider Content) from the Microsoft Store to see this update.
Reset your PC from the cloud
Earlier today in our Windows Insider webcast, we had the Deployment Team as guests to talk about the new feature that is coming with 20H1 that allows you to reset your PC using the cloud. For more information, check out this article from Program Manager Aaron Lower. You can also watch the on-demand video of this morning’s webcast by visiting our Mixer channel!
- We fixed an issue where right-clicking on File Explorer’s search box didn’t bring up a context menu that could be used to paste clipboard contents.
- We’ve updated the default width of the search box in File Explorer to be a little bigger.
- We fixed an issue impacting Action Center reliability.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the credentials prompt sometimes not appearing when connecting to certain VPNs from the network flyout, so it said Connecting but never completed the connection.
- We fixed Magnifier bugs at different DPI levels.
- We fixed an issue where Magnifier UI wasn’t closing with Alt + F4 keyboard shortcut.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes Magnifier window became completely black after switching from lens mode to dock mode.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Magnifier not working when using the Russian display language.
- We have made it clearer how “Read from here” works in Magnifier.
- We improved legibility of Magnifier reading highlighting rectangle.
- We improved reading while in Magnifier Lens mode.
- We fixed an issue where text cursor indicator sometimes did not appear, even though the setting was enabled.
- We made the text cursor indicator shapes more legible and aesthetic.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator where changing the speech rate with the keyboard commands would speak the new rate using the old rate.
- We fixed Narrator’s whitespace sound.
- We improved Narrator’s automatic dialog reading experience.
- Table navigation hotkeys are now allowed when entering a list view to allow one to navigate across columns while using Narrator.
- We improved the Narrator’s Page Summary dialog by allowing tab and shift-tab to loop around the dialog controls.
- Narrator will no longer announce notifications from non-focused Chrome webpages.
- Narrator now announces the current value of the “thumb” in legacy color picker controls.
- Narrator is now presenting links and play buttons correctly in iTunes.
- We improved Narrator’s reading experience in Chrome and Firefox. Certain pages could cause Narrator to loop back up to previous content.
- Narrator is now updating an attached braille display correctly when some XAML controls are expanded.
- Thank you to everyone who shared feedback about the design of the input mode switcher on the taskbar for the Simplified and Traditional Chinese IMEs. We’ve adjusted the design based on your feedback that the icon glyph was large and blurry.
- We fixed an issue where some Chinese characters in the Common Standard Chinese Characters dictionary couldn’t be input with the new version of the Simplified Chinese IME.
- We fixed an issue where, when switching to English input mode and back to Chinese input mode, the punctuations would become Chinese punctuations, even if “Use English punctuations when in Chinese input mode” was enabled with the new version of Simplified Chinese IME.
- We fixed an issue where the new version of Simplified Chinese IME candidate window would sometimes not appear.
- We fixed an issue where the new version of the Traditional Chinese Bopomofo IME didn’t show candidates or next phrase candidates on touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where characters typed with the new version of Chinese Traditional IMEs weren’t committed by Enter key when using certain games.
- We fixed an issue where the legacy language bar didn’t show IME mode icons while using the new version of Japanese IME, Chinese Traditional IME, or Korean IME.
- We fixed an issue where the new version of Japanese IME wouldn’t reconvert a word pasted from somewhere else by Henkan key.
- Certain 2D apps (like Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, 3D Viewer) are incorrectly being treated as having protected content within Windows Mixed Reality. During video capture, these 2D apps block their content from being recorded.
- When capturing a repro video while filing a bug via Feedback Hub in Windows Mixed Reality, you won’t be able to select Stop video, due to the protected content issue noted above. If you want to submit a repro video, you will need to wait 5 minutes for the recording to time out. If you’d like to file the bug without a repro video, you can close the Feedback Hub window to end the recording and resume filing your bug when you reopen the app in Feedback > Drafts.
- When viewing Optional drivers in the new section on the Windows Update page, you may notice older drivers showing as available for download. If accepted, they will attempt to install and fail to do so. This is a bug related to revised Windows Update detection logic rather than this new UI. The root cause is understood, and a fix will be available in an upcoming build.
- Devices configured for dual scan (WSUS and Windows Update) for updates may not be offered new builds in the Fast ring. Selecting Check online for updates from Microsoft Update will scan for updates, but may return with the message, “Your device is up to date.” We’re working on a fix for a future flight.
L’aggiornamento è installabile in tutti i PC e i tablet che rispondono ai requisiti minimi richiesti per l’installazione della versione pubblica di Windows 10. Per installare le versioni di anteprima di Windows 10 destinate agli Insider:
- Andate in Start.
- Quindi in Impostazioni.
- Scegliete Aggiornamento e sicurezza.
- Quindi Programma Windows Insider.
- Cliccate Per iniziare.
- Visualizzerete il messaggio Caricamento in corso – attendete.
- Visualizzerete il messaggio Installerai software e servizi non definitivi, che potrebbero non essere totalmente testati. Leggete attentamente quanto riportato e cliccate Avanti.
- Visualizzerete il messaggio Prima di confermare. Leggete attentamente quanto riportato e cliccate Conferma.
- Visualizzerete il messaggio Ancora un passaggio…. Leggete attentamente quanto riportato e cliccate Riavvia ora.
- Il PC/tablet verrà riavviato.
Al termine del riavvio, recatevi in Impostazioni > Aggiornamento e sicurezza > Programma Windows Insider e assicuratevi di essere entrati nel programma Insider. Per maggiori informazioni vi invitiamo a leggere il nostro articolo dedicato.
Tenete presente che le versioni di anteprima destinate agli Insider sono instabili e mal tradotte in italiano: ne sconsigliamo l’installazione in computer usati per studio o lavoro. Potrete invece provarle in totale sicurezza installandole in una macchina virtuale o in un secondo computer dedicato ai test.
Dettagli aggiornamento precedente
Trovate tutti i dettagli sul precedente aggiornamento, Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18985, in quest’altro articolo.
Articolo di Windows Blog Italia
Non dimenticate di scaricare la nostra app per Windows e Windows Mobile, per Android o per iOS, di seguirci su Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram e di iscrivervi al Forum di supporto tecnico, in modo da essere sempre aggiornati su tutte le ultimissime notizie dal mondo Microsoft.